Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Perfect Evening


As I write this I'm sitting on the deck of the house we've rented, for our 7 day relocation to Myrtle Beach, with Annamarie. We've had a full day and now we get to relax. It's perfect. A slight breeze blows occasionally enough to keep cool, and distant fireworks are the only thing interrupting the chirping creatures of the night. I could spend 7 days in this spot.

Adding to my immediate enjoyment is Pandora radio, which I have tuned to the incredible sounds of Sarah Brightman and Hayley Westerna. Awesome. If you don't know who they are I highly recommend tuning your own Pandora station to either one of them....then close your eyes...and just chill. Brightman is the star of Phantom of the Opera (which was written specifically for her) among other things. Westerna, is well, less known. I know very little about her except this.....she can sing and I love her voice. I first heard her on a Wii game called Endless Oceans. Her voice is scary beautiful, and makes that game totally mesmerizing. Highly recommended for Wii owners.

Anyway, in case you haven't figured it out, they are "opera" singers. Or classical, or whatever you want to call it. They are the kind of artist that must sing as well live as on an album. Not doctored or dubbed to sound better than they are. They are real.

So now you know that in addition to being a major Lincoln Park, Guns n Roses, etc. fan......I like classical music. Strange, I know, but it's true. At the right times, I am happier with pianos and violins more than electric guitars and keyboards. Nights like this are those times.

So why did I even write about this? It highlights a discussion Jeff Burkhimer and I listened too a few weeks back that pointed out the need for multiple types of Church's being necessary to reach the unchurched. Diversity is a requirement if we plan to be successful. We will need Baptist, Methodist, Lutherans, Catholic, traditional, progressive, fundamentalist, charismatics...everyone. Each one has it's time and place. Just like my music.

So

No comments:

Post a Comment