Friday, July 17, 2009

Sunday Mornin' Movie


Okay guys, heres the deal.....it's hard to find a Sunday morning movie kids will enjoy, parents will approve of, and hasn't been seen 37 times already. After searching, and inquiring with you guys, we decided we would show One Night with the King. Great movie about Esther and her amazing faith that saved an entire nation. Looked perfect until we noticed it was OVER 2 Hours! So much for that, back to square one.

After expressing our frustrations in selecting a movie, with previously stated criteria, my mother made a suggestion; The Velveteen Rabbit. Now let me say right now when she threw out her idea.....I rolled my eyes. I've heard about it for years, but never actually seen, or read about the story. Her explanation of the movie being a combination of live action and animation did not help in sounding like a possible candidate. But we were desperate. So with very little enthusiasm, we watched it. I was wrong. Very wrong.

I wont presume that every kid's gonna be glued to the screen for 90 minutes, but some are. And they are gonna be glad they did. Its a great story about belief, faith and love. No, there's no bible story in this film, but it's full of lessons. While the tag line of the film is "All you need to do is believe", I was much more impressed with the line "Love makes us real". It sorta sounds like 1 John 13:35.

Anyway, I hope its well received. I wont be there, so I am praying hard for a smooth day and that someone sees what we saw in this film.

Love you guys more than words can say. -J


No comments:

Post a Comment