Friday, May 1, 2009

Launch time!!!!

Welcome everyone to the brand new UpStreet Underground blog!!!  This will be my attempt at joining the technology age in communicating with the workers, families and kids that make this incredible ministry possible!

First things first.....I.T. guru, I ain't. I'm gonna need help turning this site into a cool site, so any and all suggestions are welcome.  Also, the layout is subject to change without warning as I search for bigger and better stuff.  (Please refrain from insulting the site for at least 30 days, my fragile ego may not be able to take it.  After that, its fair game;  I figure that's enough time to get my act together.)   Hopefully I'll figure out how to add logos, videos, pictures etc.  You know...the stuff that makes people want to visit a website.  In the meantime you'll just have to read. Sorry, check back often for updates.

Now, for the reason we all gathered here today!  I know you've been sitting there so far saying to yourself ,  "so...uuumm...yeah, why are we here anyway?"  

Well I am glad you asked!  

Communication is a necessary part of keeping any organization operating at its peak.  It will either be the best way to nurture growth, or the fastest way to kill it....and for the record I am onboard with the growth side.  It's also usually what fails first in an organization...long before production or productivity begins to decline.  

I would like to avoid that scenario if at all possible.

Additionally, and you can blame this on the father-of-four side of my brain , I thought it would be great if parents had a way to communicate and keep up with the program, and people, in whom they are trusting their kids Sunday morning livelihood.  So parents, you will be able to hear, read and comment on the goings on in UpStreet as if you were one of the staff.  I promise the posts will be shorter than this ('cause honestly I dont like typing and because I'm pretty sure I have ADHD and my thoughts dont stay together very long)>  But thats for another time.

So this will be where all things UpStreet are discussed.  Upcoming events, announcements, notifications, schedules, etc will all flow through this site.  Whats better, you will be able to comment, chime in, praise (or not praise) or just share whats on your mind!  My hope is this brings us all closer and bridges the gaps in communications so we can focus on the task at hand;  introducing our kids to the love of Jesus.  

-JC


No comments:

Post a Comment